The Ageless Traveler podcast, speaks with Sharon Rose, a Social Gerontologist, about the profound impact of travel on intergenerational relationships and its role in combatting ageism.
Gerontology, the study of aging from birth to death, primarily focuses on the 50 and over age group.
Intergenerational relationships play a pivotal role in challenging ageism and transforming perceptions of aging.
Travel is a powerful tool for shattering stereotypes and fostering connections among individuals of different age groups.
Travel offers older adults opportunities for social interaction and new experiences, effectively combating isolation.
For older travelers, meticulous planning and preparation are vital to ensuring a smooth and enjoyable journey.
- American Society on Aging: An organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of those working with older adults..
- The Gerontological Society of America: A professional organization focused on studying aging.
- Intergenerational Programs and Benefits: An article from the American Psychological Association discusses the benefits of intergenerational programs.
- Bottom Line Personal Interview with Adriane Berg growing old gracefully and in community
· Read our Travel Stories: http://agelesstraveler.com/travel-stories/
· Travel with us to Portugal: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1195676
· Travel with us to Iceland: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1195667
· Go on safari with us: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1208964
· Go on our river trips. https://theatricaladventures.com/
OUR SOCIAL WEBSITE
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100067880135709
X Page: https://twitter.com/2023AgelessT
YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/@AgelessTraveler-ft1kr?reload=9
Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/2023agelesstraveler/
Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/adrianegbergagelesstraveler/